Unclaimed Monies

Per the City's Escheatment Policy adopted by Resolution 2021-7 of the Mayor and City Council, after a period of three years, unclaimed monies will become property of the City following the 45-day required waiting period after public notice has been provided. These funds will be escheated to the City's General Fund and will no longer be available for claiming. The escheatment process occurs quarterly each year.

Review our current Unclaimed Monies Report to locate eligible funds for claiming:

Unclaimed Monies Reports


Police Dept. Property Claim Form
Submit completed claim to:

City of San Bernardino
ATTN: Police Department-Lieutenant of Investigations
710 North D Street
San Bernardino, CA 92401

Finance Unclaimed Monies Claim Form
Submit completed claim to:

City of San Bernardino
ATTN: Finance
290 North D Street, 3rd Floor
San Bernardino, CA 92401


If after reviewing the Unclaimed Monies Report, you have determined that the City of San Bernardino may have funds belonging to you or your business, please fill out the claim form (see above).

We will review your Request for Unclaimed Monies Form upon receipt. If we are unable to determine if you are the rightful owner of these funds or a subsequent payment has been processed, our office will contact you or return the original documents submitted, including a letter stating why the claim is incomplete or being denied. To avoid any delays in processing your claim, please ensure that all mandatory fields on the Claim Form are properly filled out.

If you are filing a claim for which there are multiple payees on the check, each payee must sign the claim form and submit the required documentation. In addition, the Claim Form must be notarized if your claim exceeds $1,000.00.

You must provide the following supporting documentation to our office when filing your claim:


  • A copy of current photo identification

  • Previous address of residence if you have moved within the past two years


  • Previous address of business if you have moved within the past two years

  • Copy of current Form W-9

  • Letter of Authorization on Company letterhead with the names of officers or officials with authority to sign and claim on behalf of the business

  • If your company merged with another company, a copy of the merger agreement

  • If your company was dissolved, a copy of the articles of dissolution


  • Copy of Death Certificate

  • Proof of ownership, such as copy of trust confirming you are the rightful beneficiary

Recovery Agency (Third Party):

  • Copy of the agreement between the recovery agency and claimant

Processing time may take up to 3-4 weeks. Please retain copies of all forms submitted for your records. For more information, please contact the Department of Finance at (909) 384-5242.